Definition of "Residency"
Anyone living within the geographic boundaries of the Roselle Park District is considered a resident. Not all Roselle residents are Roselle Park District residents. Even though you may have a Roselle address, you may pay taxes to another park district. Therefore, proof of residency is required when registering for programs for the first time. This may be done with a driver’s license, utility bill, (or a mortgage statement for those who are recently moving to the area).
Unless specified by a particular program, the non-resident program fee is an additional $10 or 50% of the regular fee, whichever is less. This does not apply to facility rentals. For all facility rentals, CRC or Turner Park, there is a consistent $25 increase for non-residents in addition to the stated resident fees.
Wait List Process
A wait list is formed when a class reaches participant levels beyond the maximum. The wait list is designed to maintain interested people in a holding area until more spaces in the program are available, someone drops out or transfers or a new section is added by park district staff based on interest. The wait list is maintained based on the order we process registrations. Customers will be contacted for confirmation before being added to one of our wait lists (or transferred from a wait list into the desired program) by the front desk or specific program supervisor. Please note: before a participant is transferred into a program all corresponding paperwork and payments are required.
Returned Check Policy
We gladly accept personal checks as payment. If, for any reason, a check is returned to our office marked “NSF,” we will contact you. You will then be required to submit a full cash or money order payment, as well as a $30 bookkeeping fee, within a five business day period. Class privileges will be suspended and new registration will not be accepted until payment is received.
What about Insurance?
The Roselle Park District does not provide medical coverage for injuries suffered while participating in park district programs or while using park district facilities. The Roselle Park District, therefore, cannot assume responsibility for personal injury for persons participating in a recreational programming or using facilities. Patrons are advised to make provisions for this coverage in their own personal insurance program.
Roselle Park District and the ADA
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) prohibits discrimination on the basis of a disability. The Roselle Park District will make reasonable accommodations in recreation programs to enable participation by an individual with a disability that meets essential eligibility requirements for that leisure program and facilities. If you have questions or believe you have been unfairly discriminated against by the park district, please contact the Roselle Park District Executive Director at 630-894-4200.
Refunds & Cancellations
The Roselle Park District endorses a customer satisfaction policy and strives to provide high quality programs, services, and facilities. However, sometimes expectation levels or situations occur that do not meet the satisfaction of our customers and a refund request is made.
- All refund requests must be made at least two business days before the first class meeting or practice of program.
- Trips and special events require reservations and planning weeks ahead of time and therefore do not allow us to accept refund requests unless there is a wait list and someone can fill the spot.
- Individuals requesting refunds with two or more business days notice, prior to the first class meeting or practice will receive a full refund, less $5 for administrative costs.
- No refunds will be issued for any program after second meeting of a program, unless a physician’s note is provided. Refund requested for medical reasons will be prorated from the time the request is received.
- Refunds with facility rental fees:
- Refund request due to inclement weather with outdoor facilities = no refund.
- Cancellation request 30 or more calendar days prior to rental date = FULL REFUND (less $5 for administrative costs).
- Cancellation request 15-29 calendar days prior to rental date = 50% REFUND (less $5 for administrative costs).
- Cancellation request 6-14 calendar days prior to rental date = 25% REFUND (less $5 for administrative costs).
- Cancellation request 5 or less calendar days prior to rental date = NO REFUND.
- Other types refund inquiries = at the discretion of Facility Supervisor.
- The Park District will not issue refunds for fitness center memberships or LPHS student CRC parking permits.
- Some classes, programs, and fees have specific refund policies that will be adhered to.
- The Park District reserves the right to judge refund requests on a case-by-case basis and partial or full refunds may or may not be approved at any time at the discretion of the district.
Nothing ruins a good program quicker than everyone waiting until the last minute to register for it. There is a point where if there aren’t enough registrants to hold the program, it is cancelled. Coming in the day of, or the day before the program won’t resurrect it. Please register at least a week early to avoid disappointment.